Claire Salemi

Claire Salemi, Editor-in-Chief

Hello, my name is Claire and I am the co Editor-in-Chief for Drops of Ink and I  am also involved in AdvoCats, Student Council, Best Buddies and NHS. I have a yellow lab named gus.

All content by Claire Salemi
Photos courtesy of Sarah Bennett, Audrey Chung, Amanda Gourley, Kathleen Lee, Allen Liu, Ella Marsden, Maguire Marth, Kiley Nolan, Charlotte Pulte, Claire Salemi, Will Salton, Katherine Thomey, Maggie Vickers, and Taylor Widman

Senior Decisions List 2020

Claire Salemi, Editor-in-Chief
May 20, 2020
The goal of the game spikeball is to be the first to 21 by not letting the ball hit the rim of the net or hit the ground.

The Rise of Spikeball

Claire Salemi, Editor-in-Chief
April 6, 2020
LHS welcomes Equity Coordinator

LHS welcomes Equity Coordinator

Claire Salemi, Editor-in-Chief
February 13, 2020
In 2018, Common Sense Media found that 57 percent of teens were often distracted from homework, and 54 percent said they ignored their friends to pay attention to social media.

ProcasTECHnation

Claire Salemi, Editor-in-Chief
December 15, 2019
To enhance their strength and flexibility, the LHS cheerleaders are required to attend tumbling classes once a week as well as practice daily on hard mats; as they explained, this not only improves their performance but also better prepares them for their competitions.

Bring it On

Claire Salemi, Social Media Editor
April 18, 2019
Life without Meat

Life without Meat

Claire Salemi, Social Media Editor
March 7, 2019

Family Forces

Claire Salemi, Social Media Editor
December 13, 2018
State Congressional candidate Mary Edly-Allen (right) and Emily Harbin Watts, a friend who has helped with Edly-Allen’s campaign, discuss plans for Edly-Allen’s upcoming election.

Midterm elections upcoming in November

Claire Salemi, Social Media Editor
September 27, 2018
In badminton, the rules for serving required players to hit the shuttle below the waist and serve behind the line. The shuttle has to be hit back over the net in order for the point to count.

[Photo] Competitive Nature

Maggie Burnetti, Sports Editor
April 17, 2018
Some students at LHS have taken to creating group finstas with their friends. The purpose of these group finstas is to post funny and private photos that these users want shared between themselves and their private following.

Following the Finsta

Claire Salemi, Staff Member
March 13, 2018
Modern technology, especially cell phones, have had a major impact on how students cheat. Phones in particular can be used for sending answers to tests and homework.

[Photo] The Heat to Cheat

Olivia Gauvin, Staff Writer
March 13, 2018

Cats To and From College

Claire Salemi, Staff Member
November 28, 2017
IHSA announced that Boys and Girls Lacrosse will be an official high school sport starting in 2018.

A New IHSA Sport

Claire Salemi, Staff Member
November 22, 2017
Load More Stories

Claire Salemi