BREAKING NEWS: Students gather to address Israel-Palestine conflict in walkout

New Pizzeria Wows Libertyville

Photo courtesy of Pizzeria Deville
Grand opening of Pizzeria Deville

Pizzeria DeVille, opened in late August this year, is the newest addition to the businesses of downtown Libertyville, and customers are already impressed with the overall experience.

After months of waiting for the grand opening, people everywhere poured into the new pizzeria at 404 N. Milwaukee Ave. With seating for more than 100 people on the main floor and basement of the restaurant, the pizzeria offers wood-fired pizzas, gourmet salads, and a variety of unique appetizers.

The menu includes a variety of appetizers, antipasti, meatballs, bruschetta, and of course, wood-fired pizza. Lots of dishes have the option of being served gluten-free. Dessert-themed pizzas (such as the Nutella dish) are, in fact, offered.

Sophomore John Bleck ate at Pizzeria DeVille on the day of the Libertyville Wildcats’ first football game, September 5.

“I got the pepperoni and sausage pizza for my dinner, and then I split a Nutella pizza with the people I was with. It was so good,” said Bleck. “My waiter was really nice, and the pizza came like 15 minutes after we ordered it, which was really fast for how crowded it was. We had to wait an hour just to get a table because it’s so crowded all the time. I would definitely go back though.”

The owner of DeVille, John Durning, was raised outside of New York City. According to the pizzeria’s website, Durning searched across the United States for the best sauce and dough recipes. Twenty years of this preparation has led to the opening of his own pizzeria.

View Comments (1)