BREAKING NEWS: Students gather to address Israel-Palestine conflict in walkout

“Divergent” Characters Exceed Expectations

Jaap Buitendijk/MCT
After Tris (Shailene Woodley), jumps off of the building, Four (Theo James), helps her out of the net

I recently saw the movie “Divergent”, and immediately after seeing it, I was having a hard time thinking about anything besides the movie, for the it was so amazing. “Divergent” was probably one of the best movies that I have ever seen.

I also read the book “Divergent” by Veronica Roth, last year, which only doubled my excitement for the movie. While it was partially upsetting that some of the best scenes from the book were left out of the movie, it was still incredible.

I honestly couldn’t get over how perfect the factions were! While watching the movie, it was very easy to point out which faction each character belonged to simply by their clothing. Amity: the peaceful wore orange, Candor: the honest wore black and white, Abnegation: the selfless wore grey, Erudite: the intelligent wore blue, and Dauntless: the brave wore black. Also, the actors were all completely flawless! Every single person was exactly how I pictured him or her from the book! I was honestly not expecting to see the characters that were only ever pictured in my head and written on a piece of paper, to be on a screen right in front of me.

“Divergent” was so incredible that I’m probably going to have to go and see it a couple more times as well as read the second book in the series, “Insurgent”.