DOI presents: The top 10 costumes of 2021 at LHS

At LHS, students love to show their Halloween spirit. Every year, students come to school dressed in costumes on Halloween day or, if it falls on a weekend, the Friday before. This tradition is years old and since it is loved by so many, it will most likely not cease to end in years to come. The teachers and staff even participate and come to school dressed in their own costumes. Shoutout to Dr. K. and a group of staff members who had arguably one of the best staff-group costumes this year: Dr. K. as Ted Lasso and the staff members as the Richmond Greyhounds!

First Place:

18th Century Plague Doctor – Astrid Mazzeno

This realistic interpretation of a 18th Century Plague Doctor, incorporates both incredible creative design, as well as a spooky effect that showcases Halloween on another level.

Second Place:

Vector – Elm Houglum

This hilarious rendition of Universal's Vector, from Despicable Me, displays both comedy and a villainous attitude, all in his signature orange tracksuit and bowl cut.
This hilarious rendition of Universal’s Vector, from Despicable Me, displays both comedy and a villainous attitude, all in his signature orange tracksuit and bowl cut.

Third Place:

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger – Mila Kvasnicka and Mackenzie De Volder

This iconic duo was definitely a sight to see! Tigger and Winnie the Pooh from the infamous children show, Winnie the Pooh, is such an adorable rendition. After all, matching costumes with your friends will always be fun to do.
This iconic duo was definitely a sight to see! Tigger and Winnie the Pooh from the famous children show, Winnie the Pooh, is such an adorable rendition. After all, matching costumes with your friends will always be fun to do.

Fourth Place:

Bob Ross – Micheal Harris

This timeless costume showcases the generational love for the famous painter, Bob Ross. From the iconic hair-do to the art palette in his hands it's an excellent execution of the ever so famous painter. If only there was a painting to complete this iconic look, but don't worry, I'm sure it was just a happy accident.
This timeless costume showcases the generational love for the famous painter, Bob Ross. From the iconic hair-do to the art palette in his hands it’s an excellent execution of the ever so famous painter. If only there was a painting to complete this iconic look, but don’t worry, I’m sure it was just a happy accident.

Fifth Place:

Pitbull – Maddie Hassert

Mr. Worldwide! A classic variation of the beloved bald singer. The important characteristics of pitbull are showcased with his signature bald head, the sunglasses, and the black suit. Definitely a fan favorite in more ways than one!
Mr. Worldwide! A classic variation of the beloved bald singer. The important characteristics of Pitbull are showcased with his signature bald head, the sunglasses, and the black suit. Definitely a fan favorite in more ways than one!

Sixth Place:

Tamaki Amajiki – Victoria Espinoza

Suneater, or Tamaki Amajiki is a fan favorite from the anime My Hero Academia. From the recognizable cloak to the vest this unique character is sure to turn heads with the excellent rendition from the student from class 3-A
Suneater, or Tamaki Amajiki is a fan favorite from the anime My Hero Academia. From the recognizable cloak to the vest this unique character is sure to turn heads with the excellent rendition from the student from class 3-A.

Seventh Place:

Forky – Maggie Forkner

Forky, from Toy Story is an extremely unique costume that you don’t see everyday. From its pinpoint masky to the majority white outfit, this outfit was definitely a fun sight to see. Extra brownie points to the wearer whose last name is Forkner.

Eighth Place:

Hot Dog – Gavin Nolan

A halloween classic, the hot dog. Every 31st you are sure to find some sort of food item walking down the street. If it wasn’t for the fact of how easily accessible this costume was, it definitely would have been ranked higher for creativity.
A Halloween classic, the hot dog. Every 31st you are sure to find some sort of food item walking down the street. If it wasn’t for the fact of how easily accessible this costume was, it definitely would have been ranked higher for creativity.

Ninth Place:

Ted Lasso and the Richmond Greyhounds – Dr. K. and staff

Taken from a rising Apple TV+ show, Dr. K. and the staff dressed up as Ted Lasso and the Richmond Greyhounds. They even plastered an almost identical “Believe” sign on the wall that was featured in the show in which the players placed their hands upon before games. We also wonder if Dr. K. made Ted Lasso’s special homemade biscuits to bring and share with the “team”.