Girls soccer takes down Stevenson in season’s last home game
Libertyville High School hosts its annual art show
BREAKING NEWS: Students gather to address Israel-Palestine conflict in walkout

Imagine The Impossible

This is the homepage of the Fanfiction website.

Have you ever pictured the characters of “Doctor Who” hanging out with the characters of “Supernatural”? In the crazy world of Fanfiction, this is a huge possibility.

Fanfiction is a website for people to go onto to read or write different stories for different T.V shows, movies, books, games, and more. These stories would include the characters from the existing series. For example, if one likes the T.V show “The Walking Dead,” they could use characters such as Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and so on. While writing fanfiction, the writer does not have to use only existing characters. They may come up with new characters to add to the story or bring back a character that is no longer in the series.

“It’s a way of expressing yourself,” says sophomore Linnea Stine, who has written her fair share of fanfictions, including “Pokemon,” “Minecraft,” “Yu Gi Oh,” and “Kingdom Hearts.”

Writers can also combine two T.V shows, movies, books or games in what would be called a crossover. For example, one can write stories that consist of the characters from “CSI” and “Family Guy” (as crazy as that is), in one story together. Reading fanfiction and writing it is can be a very fun thing to do as a hobby.

Fanfiction is for anyone with a wild imagination. Even if one doesn’t like writing, reading the stories that other authors come up with can be just as fun. There are plenty of stories to read that could probably keep one busy for an incredibly long time.

“If it’s really good, I can be hooked on it even during school,” said eighth grader Sammi Hansen, who is a big fan of the “Warriors” series and enjoys writing about it quite a lot.

While writing, the author does not need to follow the same plot line as the story suggests. In the magical world of “Once Upon A Time,” the plot thickens when main character, Henry, is kidnapped by the evil Peter Pan. Someone who enjoys writing fanfiction, and watching this particular show, may not want Peter Pan to turn out as a ‘bad guy,’ and perhaps instead to be a poor child who is controlled by Tinker Bell and forced to steal children from their homes. Yeah it’s crazy, but it can happen. This is just one of the many things that authors like to change in their versions of the show.

Another sophomore at LHS, Hannah Mendralla, also writes fanfiction. “Sometimes, a movie or a book may not end to my liking, so it’s really cool that I can write my own interpretation,” she said.

Fanfiction is everything and absolutely nothing at the same time. Writers can do whatever they want in writing their story. Zombies can fly and animals can talk. Instruments can sing and earth will have no gravity.

As Stine says, “With Fanfiction, anything can happen!”