LHS+students+show+their+spirit+and+their+committement+in+every+aspect+of+LHS.+

LHS students show their spirit and their committement in every aspect of LHS.

Libertyville High School's first Showcase Video is full of spirit and energy.

Showcasing School Spirit

Libertyville High School’s Student Council is hosting their first-ever showcase video on May 19 for all students and faculty.

High schools around America have been creating fun and entertaining showcase videos, also know as lip dub videos, to show off their school pride. The showcase video will highlight every club, sport, fine art, and academic department that LHS has to offer. Every group will be designated a spot in the school to stand and prepare what they’re going to do when the camera comes by. Leaders from each group will walk with one of the two GoPro cameras through the school, capturing the ongoing actions. Student Council will also choose a song for the entire video to be shot to.

“The idea is…to create a video that will bring together our community of students and really highlight all the cool things that we have to offer here,” said students activities director Jennifer Uliks.

There will be a 60-minute assembly on May 19 to get everyone set up and film the video. Unfortunately, the limited time means there will only be enough time to film it twice, so preparation is key.  The entire school will be able to participate, even if you are not in a group that is involved.

“If you aren’t in a club or sport, there will be signs where the junior class will be, the senior class, sophomores, and freshmen. The staff will also have a portion, unless they’re coaches,” said Student Council School Liaison Dolores Palmieri, a junior.

Students involved in more than one activity or group are only allowed to be featured with one in the video. The main concern is that kids may get in front of the camera while moving through the building, and there are no retakes.

“60 percent of our kids are involved in more than one activity or sport. I would say hopefully students are talking to their coaches and advisors to say, ‘Yes I will be a part of this group,’ or ‘No I will not,’ and it would be ideal if every club and sport can be represented,” said Mrs. Uliks.

The showcase video will be used at many events throughout the next year, including 8th grade Orientation and the 100-year anniversary of LHS in 2017. Student Council believes the video will be revealed at the spring recognition assembly, Uliks explained.

Depending on how successful the video is will determine if the showcase video becomes an annual tradition at LHS.

“We’re hoping to do one each year. If you’re a freshman this year, you’ll get to see yourself progressing up the ladder on each video,” said Palmieri.

Student Council and everyone working on the showcase video hope that the students will cooperate to help make this a fun experience for everyone.

“I hope kids get excited about it! It’s a really nice thing and it’s a big deal that our administrative team gave Student Council the green light to be able to plan this event. We want to make sure it’s done well and that the kids are excited about it,” said Mrs. Uliks.

Drops of Ink • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in