Boys volleyball fights hard against Glenbrook South Titans
Badminton gives their all on the courts against Glenbrook North
Girls lacrosse endures a hard fight against Lockport

Popular TV Shows: Fall 2014 Edition

Photo Courtesy of Wikipedia

Whether you’re into fantasies, realities, dramas, or comedies, this fall will bring some sort of television show for you. “American Horror Story”, “Supernatural”, and “The Walking Dead” are all making long awaited, new appearances from spring’s season finales, premiering with new shows such as “Red Band Society”, “Gotham”, and “Stalker”.

“American Horror Story” closed out Coven (season 3) with 4.24 million views on the first broadcast of the season finale. The number of viewers keeps growing and growing with “American Horror Story”, landing the show third place on the ranking of scripted dramas on television, behind “The Walking Dead” and “Breaking Bad”. Freak Show made its debut with 10 million viewers on the first airing of the season premier, breaking its own viewing records.

Back in March, “The Walking Dead” season 4 finale left nearly 16 million viewers in the dark with suspense for over 6 months. No Sanctuary (the first episode of season 5) premiered with suspense, violence, and emotion, dazzling its all time high of 17.3 million viewers. Season 5 has continued with its high viewers, and according to Rotten Tomatoes, has a 97% positive rating.

The season 9 finale of “Supernatural” left viewers wanting more, as they have been since 2005. “Supernatural” has been a favorite of people of all ages, all around the world for almost 10 years. Always full of violence, emotion, and the occasional (okay, maybe by occasional I mean every single season finale) tearjerker. According to the CW, season 10 has been seeing the best ratings that Supernatural has seen in years, with nearly 3 million views on each episode’s first broadcasting.

Terminal teens seems to be the hot topic of televisions and movies lately. “The Fault in Our Stars”, “If I Stay”, and “Endless Love” are all examples of movies that have a main focus point of the storyline of teens who are dying. “The Fault in Our Stars” meets “The Breakfast Club” in “Red Band Society”. It brings the idea of deathly ill teens, who are all quite diverse in personality, to the televisions in homes of nearly 4 million. “Red Band Society” is bound to be a tearjerker at times, but it brings love and the sense of belonging to the plot, as well.

The dark past etched into world-famous superhero, Batman’s, memory is brought to life in a whole new way in “Gotham”. This series premiere focuses mainly on the investigation of the world famous, Batman, or in the case of this prequel, Bruce Willis’, parents murder. So far, the series has had 7 episodes that have all been getting at least 6 million views on their first airings.

“Stalker”, the new television thriller, focuses on the LAPD’s Threat Assembly Unit. Detective Jack Larson (Dylan McDermott), who has a somewhat hidden past, transfers in to the LAPD from New York’s homicide department. The tension between Beth Davis (Maggie Q) and Larson rises throughout the series premiere as they follow the case of two young men stalking a young woman.