Boys lacrosse bests Wheaton North with 12-3 victory

The New Addiction

The Twitter bird flying with its beak slightly open.

Are kids too dependent on their phones? Well, has Derrick Rose had knee surgery?

Let me take you through a strenuous start to the morning that every Libertyville student has nightmares about.

6:00 a.m- My phone alarm goes off for school. I glance over at the phone, check to see if I have any messages, nope. Snapchats? Four of them. But when I try to return them, my room is too dark to send a clear enough message. Oh well, I’ll respond later, nobody is awake yet anyway. Facebook? Lol, who uses Facebook? Well, that was a lot of work… snooze the alarm for a while longer.

6:10 a.m.- That was like two seconds. Snooze it again. Wait, let me see what Instagram is looking like. Wow, that Chipotle looks really good, she looks really bad in that dress, are they dating? I don’t care, snooze.

6:30 a.m.- Snooze.

7:00 a.m.- School starts in 30 minutes and I am in bed. I have to get ready! But wait, no way! I got three more followers on the Twittersphere last night! Who are they? Two people I have never heard of, and one person that I had a class with freshman year. Nah, I’m not going to follow them back. Need my sweatpants and favorite hoodie. Send a tweet about how unmotivated I am to go to school.

7:25 a.m.- Stop at McDonald’s to get my morning coffee. That coffee looks good, better get that on Insta.

7:31 a.m.- I swear I wasn’t late! It is only one minute! I promise I’ll be on time from now on, just not another tardy. Snapchat the picture of the clock and how I am getting a tardy for one minute late. Phone taken away for texting during class.

7:45 a.m.- Twitching due to lack of phone.

8:00 a.m.- Foaming at mouth.

8:10 a.m.- Passed out on desk.

8:20 a.m.- Best moment ever! Phone back. Send four texts about how I just got my phone taken away for the most ridiculous reason. But, I survived 50 minutes without it! I swear, I am not kidding, I didn’t have it for 50 minutes!

8:21 a.m.- Walk to second period while sending out some Snapchats to friends who were concerned for my safety because they didn’t get a response throughout ALL of first period.