Girls soccer crushes Lake Forest in second conference game

Hot Fall TV Shows

Shows like the “Red Band Society” will premiere this fall (courtesy of www.hollywoodreporter.com)

This fall, some fresh new TV shows will be staging an appearance and many popular shows will be making their long-awaited return.

New TV shows this fall include “Red Band Society” and “Madame Secretary.”

“Red Band Society” airs on Wednesday nights on Fox at 9 p.m. and is a coming-of-age story about a group of rebellious kids trying to make life a little bit more interesting in the Los Angeles Ocean Park Hospital that they are all patients in. The show is narrated by a wise, little boy in a coma who absorbs all of the events that are happening around him. In the show, Octavia Spencer plays a tough, caring nurse and Zoe Levin, Charlie Rowe, and Nolan Sotillo are just a couple of the actors and actresses who play the rebellious patients.

“Madame Secretary” airs on CBS on Sunday nights at 8 p.m. and is a story about a woman, Elizabeth McCord, who is pulled into the world of politics again when the president loses his secretary of state. Tea Leoni plays Elizabeth McCord and stars as a Hillary Clinton-type power woman in government.

Other new shows include “Gotham,” airing Mondays on Fox and “How to Get Away With Murder,” airing Tuesdays on ABC.

The returning show lineup for this fall season consists of popular comedies like “New Girl,” “Brooklyn Nine Nine,” and “The Middle.” Many people have long awaited the return of these shows.

The comedy “Brooklyn Nine Nine” surrounds Jake Peralta (played by Andy Samberg), a detective working for the NYPD in Brooklyn’s 99th precinct. Fox network will be airing “Brooklyn Nine Nine” at a new time, on Sundays at 8:30 p.m.

“The show gets my sense of humor,” said junior Sarah Broughton regarding the hit comedy. “Andy Samberg is hilarious and the characters blend really well together.”

“The Middle,” a TV show surrounding the Heck family and their crazy family dynamics as they try to survive day-to-day life, has also been a huge hit among teens.

“The show is completely relatable, it reminds me of my own family’s craziness,” said junior Mady Novak.

“The Middle” will be airing Wednesdays on ABC at 8 p.m. and another hit comedy, “New Girl,” will be making its reappearance on Tuesdays on Fox at 9 p.m.

Other shows will also be making a dramatic return to television, including “The Blacklist” and “American Horror Story.”

“The Blacklist” airs Mondays on NBC at 9 p.m. The show stars actor James Spader as Red Reddington, a notorious criminal who suddenly gives himself in and begins to team up with the FBI in order to cross criminals off of his blacklist.

“American Horror Story” has been scaring its viewers for a couple years now and continues to come back each season with a setting more frightful than the last. This season’s episodes take place in a ‘Freak Show’ and contain many of the actors from previous seasons, including Emma Roberts.

“I am sooo excited for this show,” Novak said. “It just gets more thrilling each season.”

The season premiere airs on October 8 and will continues to air on Wednesdays on Fox at 10 p.m.