Under the spotlight and Spreading the light

Under the spotlight

Cole Keriazakos

Louie Perry

Senior Cole Keriazakos has been involved in the acting world for most of his life, starting when he was just six years old. 

“I asked my mom for an agent when I was really young,” Kerizakos said. “And I ended up being able to do that.”

Since then, he has been in a number of shows such as “Chicago Fire,” “Pacific Rim: The Black” and “South Side.”

“I’m really proud of the show ‘Circuit Breakers,’” Kerizakos said. “It was an Apple TV show that won an award in Canada for children’s and family TV, and then nearly got nominated for an Emmy.” 

Kerizakos referred to this project as his “greatest achievement.”

“I think [acting is] a very personal thing. While there is a lot of support I get from other people, it’s a very collaborative art form,” Kerizakos said. “It’s difficult to be vulnerable and do that.”

Keriazakos is interested in pursuing a different side of the industry once he graduates.

“I really want to go into film, like the other side of the camera as well,” he said. “That’s what I want to go to college for – to make my own film.”

Sophia Kracht

Louie Perry

Junior Sophia Kracht has been ice skating since she was just six years old after being introduced to it by a friend in first grade. Now, she is a four-time synchronized skating national champion. 

In March, she traveled to Switzerland with her fellow members of Teams Elite Juniors to attend the ISU World Junior Synchronized Skating Championship. Kracht’s team had previously been crowned the 2024 Junior National Champions, allowing them to represent the United States at the world championships. Her team placed fourth at worlds.

After missing about a month of school this semester alone, Sophia has mastered balancing school with competitive skating. “It’s important to communicate with teachers,” Kracht said. “Get your work done as soon as possible, so you don’t fall too far behind.”

Though Kraucht is thinking about skating in college, she has other goals as well. “I am still determining which path to take,” Sophia commented. “I do know I want to go into the medical field, possibly nursing.” 

Spreading the light

Lily Botten

Louie Perry

Senior Lily Botten has been spreading light – not only to those in Libertyville but around the world as well – through her Instagram account @lilyblifestyle. In a little over a year, she has grown the account from scratch to more than 5,000 followers through what she intends to be a relatable and motivating platform. 

“I just want to use my past experiences to help other people,” Botten said. “I also love taking pictures and videos, so I thought I might as well put them to use.”

Comments and private messages help encourage her to continue to spread positivity, “Getting messages from people saying that I’ve helped or inspired them is the best part of managing the account,” Botten said. 

Along with some of her current intentions of growing her audience and creating content in new places, Botten also has some more long-term goals. 

“I would like to eventually host my own events,” Botten said. “And it’d be cool to have my own line of activewear, potentially my own brand.”

Molly Lyon

Louie Perry

At the beginning of 2023, junior Molly Lyon created her very own organization named “Molly’s Dollies.” 

“I wanted to find a way to give back to the community, specifically young girls in the community that may be struggling,” Lyon said. “Just give them some light, some happiness.”

Her first ever drive was for the United African organization. The dolls went to a girls Christmas party. “It was just really special because they had zero belongings – I love seeing reactions of the little girls when I get pictures from the different events that the dolls are delivered to.”

Lyon stated that she wants to go far with the organization, to help spread joy to as many