Girls soccer crushes Lake Forest in second conference game

Saying goodbye : End-of-the-year recap

Congrats, class of 2014!  Now, that we are almost freshmen in college, it’s time to look back on it all. final1 We’ve experienced the first day this school year with big water balloons and wet camouflage gear, and now it’s time that we look back at the fall, winter, and spring of this year because it was a fast one.  To see the beginning of my year story about the slippery and muddy water balloon fight with the seniors, go to the website below.

Hard to believe: Last first day of high school

final3How could we forget that first home football game?  It was a blackout  and everyone met at Brainerd, which was fun because we all got to walk in a pact down the side of the road to the school.  Eventually powder puff was finally here and we all got to go play flag football with all  the senior girls.  I feel like it was just yesterday that the leaves were falling and senior year was just beginning.

Halloween was right around the corner and I remember when I was an itty bitty freshmen wishing I could dress up like the older girls.  They got to wear the cool boxers and the big, oversized white dress shirts with sunglasses, looking like Tom Cruise from “Risky Business.”  Then when October 31 finally hit, I knew it was my time to dress up for that one special occasion and go all out.

A few more of those cold, night football games passed and before we knew it , being a senior in the student section was over.  It was definitely a bittersweet moment because there would be no more football games where we would come together in the stands and cheer on our Wildcats. Months flew by leading up to winter break and shortly  after that,  we got a few snow and freezing cold days.  final5

Basketball games were right around the corner.  For the most part, some students made an effort to come to some of the games.  The month of February slowly crept up on us and it was Valentine’s Day and finally, Turnabout.   I bet you could guess what we were saying back then as well: It’s our last turnabout ever, how could this be?

March soon came and you knew that by the amount of boys setting up their brackets for March Madness.  Spring Break hit all of us seniors and we realized in three months that we would be graduating from high school.  Also, I’m pretty sure that’s when senioritis hit all of us too.

final6When we arrived back from our vacations with our fresh-looking tans, it was time to  decide.  We had to finally choose where we would want to be at for the next four years.  LHS students showed their pride by wearing their college shirts to school and it was fun to see where everyone was going, but it was sad to know you won’t see half of these people ever again.  These classmates were the people you came into high school with.  You shared laughs, memories, and unexplainable stories that no one else could ever understand.

Then, people got asked to prom and before we knew it, it was our last high school dance ever.

Now, it’s graduation time and when we get up on that stage to receive our diplomas and when we party with our classmates that final night at the school, the four years for all of us as LHS students will soon be long gone.  We will all be headed to various colleges that will make high school seem like a piece of grass in a huge field.

High school was a memory no one can ever forget, and I sure will always remember.   endoftheyear