Libertyville’s Finest… Bathrooms

Possibly the best bathroom in the school, next to the CRC

We will be analyzing the best Libertyville High School has to offer, in terms of where to use the facilities. The crucial judging will be based on how busy each bathroom is (high traffic will lead to clogs, taken stalls, or dirty toilets) which leads to the cleanliness department, how much space is in each bathroom (bigger is better, more room to put backpack, books, etc.), and location in the school/how accessibly it is during class or passing period. Although those are the major categories, certain perks (like windows) can boost a bathroom in a hurry.

Bathroom across from Mr. Wiggins’ history room

There is a long row of stalls, so there are plenty of options to choose from, and even if one or two are clogged or possibly (but less likely) occupied, there is bound to be one free and clear. The stalls themselves are a little bit small, with the exception of the farthest stall, which is magnificent, but they are comfy enough. The end stall probably has the most amenities of all the stalls in the school: where else can you find a stall with space, a ledge to put your stuff or backpack, so they don’t have to sit on the ground, a window for scenery, and last but not least, a door fully in tact with a working lock. The cleanliness scale on this bathroom is nothing to write home about, but that is to be expected for a bathroom that is in high demand. Location is good for the history rooms and a few of the chemistry and physics rooms, but other than that, it is a bit out of the way. The high traffic of the bathroom brings the rating down a bit, but overall, still a good environment to go number two in. Overall rating: 7 out of 10

Entrance way bathroom (behind front desk)

A poor man’s faculty bathroom would be the best way to describe this bathroom. The traffic is moderate, but the cleanliness is top notch for the student bathrooms. The reason for the nice facilities is due to the fact that this is the bathroom that many visitors use, and we want to give them a strong LHS welcome. During the day, this bathroom is lacking accessibility for students, because other than lunch, students are not going in that direction. The location problem is probably partly the reason for the nice quality of the bathroom, so it is one of the best we have to offer. Overall rating: 9.5 of 10

Bathroom next to the CRC

This is a nice little hidden gem of all the LHS bathrooms. It is clean due to low traffic and has plenty of stalls to choose from. It has its own version of an end stall (similar to the upstairs bathroom across from Mr. Wiggins history classroom) with a window and a ledge, which is also terrific, but the scenery is the back of a bunch of bushes, which tends to put a damper on the view. Like the entrance way bathroom, it is nice because it is out of the way, but it is worth the trip. Overall rating: 9 of 10

Math Cube upstairs/Spanish Cube downstairs bathrooms

Traffic is the key word to this one. It probably has the most students throughout the day, and on top of that, each bathroom only has two stalls each. These two are by far the most convenient bathrooms in the school, so for that reason, they are the least appealing to use. There are far better odds that sometime during the day, a “gentleman” before you, missed the target, and that is not something that you want to be worried about when you have to get in and out to make it back to Spanish. All in all, these are convenient, but maybe too much so. Overall rating: 4 of 10

Lockerroom bathrooms

You could probably figure that locker room bathrooms aren’t the nicest seeing as you have a bunch of guys getting ready for gym or their sport in a hurry. There are one to two stalls, and usually not very nice ones, so it is not something you seek out. These are convenient for gym class, but otherwise there is clearly no reason to make the trip. Overall rating: 2 of 10

Bathroom across from the cafeteria/cafeteria bathroom

These are also bathrooms that are a last resort, and are not ones that you want to seek out to use. The cleanliness of both is lacking; the cafeteria because the traffic is extremely high, and the bathroom across the hall only has one stall, so that is used a lot. The stall is a handicapped stall, so there is plenty of room, but all it takes is one clog, or one classmate to be in front of you, and it is a complete disaster. There is no scenery in either, because they are in the middle of the school. The location/accessibility is prime, which makes them very convenient, but that is also the reason why they are not very nice. Overall rating: 3.5 of 10

View Comments (1)