Students enjoy action-packed Turnabout Assembly

On February 24th, Sophomore Nivas Durgam plays the national anthem on his electric guitar to start the Turnabout assembly. During the course of the next hour, the student council worked hard to create a fun rally for all.
(Daania Adeel)
Students sing along to the song “Flashlights”by Pitch Perfect with the choir, directed by Dr. Brown. Although the gym lights were off, the room was lit up by the crowd’s phones, as students swung their arms back and forth, creating a concert-like vibe. (Daania Adeel)
To honor maintenance worker Lewis Jones, Dr. Thomas Koulentes gives a heart-touching speech and starts the assembly off by getting the students and faculty to sing happy birthday to Lewis. (Daania Adeel)
The cheer and poms teams perform together for the LHS school song to start off the assembly. (Daania Adeel)
The dance team shows off their moves during their performance that got the crowd ready for Turnabout. (Daania Adeel)
The cheer team gives the crowd an amazing performance. (Daania Adeel)
In a game of freshman vs. sophomores vs. juniors vs. seniors vs. staff, mascots race to the other side of the gym where their grade’s student council team is waiting for them. (Daania Adeel)
In this heated game of real life “hungry hippo,” each team nominated one person to be the hippo. They laid on their stomach on a scooter and, with the rest of the team pulling their legs, they tried to pick up as many balls as they could and collect them. At the end, Dr. K weighed the bags to determine who the winner was, finally coming to the conclusion it was Team Staff. (Daania Adeel)
The red lobster hypes up the sophomore class to show they have the most spirit. The seniors tried to top them but the sophomores gave it their all. (Daania Adeel)
For an emotional contribution to Mrs. Lara’s last assembly, the student council honors her with flowers and a speech for everything she has done not only at LHS, but for our amazing assemblies. Mrs. Lara retires this year from being a social studies teacher and a student council faculty sponsor. (Daania Adeel)