Illinois Supreme Court – 2nd District

Democrat:

• Judge Elizabeth Rochford – Judge Rochford is currently a probate judge in Lake Forest, where she hears family law cases. She comes from a family of public servants, and has carried those values with her when administering justice fairly and equally. Rochford was highly reccomended by the Illinois Bar Association.
  • Nancy Rotering – Rotering is the mayor of Highland Park, and in the past, she has run for both Congress and Attorney General. As mayor, Rotering instituted a citywide assault weapons ban following the Sandy Hook shooting, and has worked to create a more ethical, transparent government.
  • Judge Rene Cruz – Judge Cruz is a circuit court judge in Kane County, where he handles family law cases. If elected, Cruz would be the first Hispanic justice on the Illinois Supreme Court. He works to serve his community on various local nonprofit boards in Kane County.

Republican:

• Judge Daniel Shanes – Judge Shanes is a Circuit Court Judge in Lake County, where he works to uphold the US Constitution and the rule of law. Shanes is extremely active in his community, including serving with nonprofit organizations to help people in need.
  • Mark Curran- Curran served as the Sheriff of Lake County for 2006 to 2018, before going into private practice law at his own law firm, where he specialized in civil and criminal litigation.
  • John Noverini – Currently serving as a Circuit Court Trial Judge in Kane County, Noverini strongly believes in the rule of law. He founded a local community bank, and has also been Chairman of the Elgin Salvation Army Board. He has been a judge for 13 years.
  • Susan Hutchinson – Hutchinson is currently the judge for the 2nd Appellate Court District of Illinois, who has served as a Circuit Court Judge and an assistant state’s attorney for McHenry County in the past.

Drops of Ink • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in