Writer’s Week Presenters: Wednesday

Senior%2C+Claire+Bryant+performed+a+song+in+front+of+LHS+students+and+faculty+on+Wednesday.+
Becky DeAcetis
Senior, Claire Bryant performed a song in front of LHS students and faculty on Wednesday.

Matt Tooley

LHS English teacher Matt Tooley spoke to students about the novel he had taken a year off to work on. The novel is a non-fiction narrative based on education reform in Angola, located in Southern Africa.Tooley went on to talk about how he had gotten inspired to write the book and how the writing process is going. Most of what he has written is somewhat scattered and not necessarily in chronological order. He also went on to say that the writing process requires a lot of discipline and support. So far, Tooley is about 25% done with the novel and continues to constantly write. For all students that are curious, he will be coming back in about 6 months.

LHS Students 

Wednesday’s students were mostly composed of singer-songwriters. Senior Sharon Li, played a few of her songs written for her band on her guitar during Writer’s Week. As well as, senior McKenna Shanholtzer performed a couple of songs she had written while playing her guitar. Junior David Black certainly engaged the crowd by standing on stage and playing his guitar. For the final performance senior Claire Bryant performed two songs, one in which she applied to college with and one she had written herself. Her college application song “Green” was certainly a favorite for the crowd. Her other song was then performed on the piano. Together, all students made the Writer’s Weeks experience enjoyable.