Miley Cyrus’ new album makes a Bang(erz)

Miley Cyrus new album makes a Bang(erz)

The newly released album Bangerz was created by the one and only Miley Cyrus.  This album and Cyrus in general have had a lot of people talking about her lately. She went from the long-haired, cute, spunky Hannah Montana to the cutting all of her hair off, inappropriate, and daring Miley Cyrus.

Before this fast-growing album came out, Cyrus was engaged to Liam Hemsworth. Unfortunately, they broke off their engagement and are now separated from each other.  Through this strong, messaged album, Cyrus talks about her life, and Hemsworth is a major part of it.

Cyrus’s first growing song from this album, “We Can’t Stop,” shows a fun, spirited side of Cyrus, one that most people saw from her new image.  Changing her style and her hair as well as some of her actions in music videos made her seem like she was crying out for attention.  Although, if that’s what she really wanted, then she was getting it.

The type of music featured in this album is a sassy hip-hop sound with songs that are intense and fierce.  Songs are about topics such as getting revenge, getting someone back in the relationship, and the heartbreak from love.  Also featured in this album are other major artists, like Britney Spears, Big Sean,  French Montana, Future, Ludacris, and Nelly.

Talking about partying and letting go is something Cyrus does best in this song, “We Can’t Stop.”  If you fast forward in the song, more surprising lyrics come up mainly to tell to the listeners not to care what anyone thinks and to keep doing whatever you want to do:

“It’s our party we can do what we want / It’s our party we can say what we want/ It’s our party/ we can love who we want/ We can kiss who we want/ We can sing what we want.”

After “We Can’t Stop,” which reached number one on iTunes, Cyrus focuses her album on a darker side than her first single.  One of the featured songs is “Someone Else,” which talks about Cyrus moving on for her now ex-fiance, Liam.  Another song that quickly went off the charts was “Wrecking Ball.”

This song featured on her album talks about her ex relationship with Liam and how it’s hard for her to actually move on and be with anyone else: “I came in like a wrecking ball/ I never hit so hard in love/ All I wanted was to break your walls/ All you ever did was wreck me/ Yeah, you, you wreck me.”

These lines from the chorus explain how all she ever wanted to do was make her and Liam’s relationship work, but when it ended, it hit her hard.  She tries to explain that she was never the one to walk away in the relationship and that she always will love him, but she “came in like a wrecking ball” and it’s hard for her to get over.

Overall, her new album, Bangerz, is stating a point.  It’s pointing out to the public her new self image and is showing everyone that she doesn’t care who talks about her as long as they’re  talking.

I think the sound and the creativity of the album is strong and fearless.  I think she is coming out into the music industry as a poised young adult and in some ways, it is working.  Yes, some people may think she’s crazy, absurd, and out of this world, but it’s her story behind the album that makes it unbelievable. Talking about ending a relationship and working hard, showing it to the world that you will move on and live life, makes you think, What is Liam thinking right now?  But, I don’t think she cares, and that’s how it should be.