The Final 2024 LHS Production: Dancing at Lughnasa
Girls Lacrosse crank out an outstanding performance in a game against Lake Forest

Sophomore Fatima Durrani dies from liver failure

Photo courtesy of Visual Image Photography

Libertyville High School sophomore Fatima Durrani died on Saturday, Nov. 26, in a children’s hospital in Milwaukee from liver failure. She was 15 years old.

According to friend Maddie Tankel, Durrani had a skin disease that traveled to her liver. A transplant was required but never found. She had been sick for several months and had missed the beginning of the school year.

Her friends said that Durrani will be remembered for several things. Katie Kotzan, sophomore and friend of Durrani, noted her kindness to everyone and her continual positive attitude. Tankel said Durrani will be remembered by the extreme love she had for her sister, as well as someone to always talk to and trust.

“She was very sweet and kind. She was beautiful inside and out, and I will remember her for her kind heart,” sophomore Vania Thomas, a friend, expressed in an interview over text. “It was truly an honor knowing her.”

The Durrani family hasn’t commented and they are not taking calls at this time.

Services for Durrani will be held tomorrow, Monday, Nov. 28 at the Islamic Foundation North, located in Green Oaks at 2:30 p.m.

View Comments (11)