Boys volleyball fights hard against Glenbrook South Titans
Badminton gives their all on the courts against Glenbrook North
Girls lacrosse endures a hard fight against Lockport

Spring Break Sidebar: The Home Stretch

Note: A picture that was included with this story when it was originally posted has been removed.

The months after spring break can be a complete drag.  Some students return to school strutting the halls with a glistening tan; others come back sharing some amazing memories from a much-needed week off of school.

Whatever the case is, most high schoolers anticipate the countdown until summer. At this point, it is April, the weather is warming up, and there is a LOT to look forward to. Who would have known so much can be packed into two short months? Here is a preview of the coming weeks leading up to the end of the year at Libertyville High School.

April: All throughout April, various spring sports games and events will be held at the stadium, tennis courts, baseball, and softball fields weekly. The annual Writers Week will occur when school resumes after break. Seniors will be celebrating their final decisions on their plans for next year on April 16, which is Senior Decision Day.  The spring play, “The Foreigner,” which is a comedy, will be performed on April 21st and 23rd.  This play will be very different from past productions because it will feature only a couple of females in it.

May: Once May rolls around, LHS will be hosting its second annual Color Run on May 7th. The course will be a little more than two miles taking runners all through the LHS property and Butler Lake. There will be pizza and a DJ from 102.3 XLC on the stadium football field. All the proceeds from the run will be donated to the non-profit organization Safe Water Kenya. Orchesis will have its performance in the auditorium May 12 and 13, and will feature female and male dancers of all grades who are involved in the club.  Prom this year will be held at the Shedd Aquarium, on May 21, and will be open to all juniors and seniors.

After spring sports wrap up, there will be the spring sports awards in the main gym on the 25th. Just two short days after that, final exams will begin on the 27th.  

June: After the first day of testing, a much needed Memorial Day weekend will come, and then exams will resume on Tuesday the 31st. School will be dismissed for summer break on June 1, and the day that all seniors have been awaiting, Graduation Day, will be on Friday, June 3 at the Sears Centre.