Cat TV Sneak Peek

Cat TV logo
Cat TV logo

Cat TV, a student-run club, plans on continuing the tradition of having informational commercials, as well as adding a few new projects to their schedule.  The announcements will be released a few times throughout the school year.

In past years, Cat TV has produced films that allow students to access information in a different and more engaging way.  Whether they are advertising events, fundraisers, or the usual standard school rules, the organization can take information about anything and turn it into a unique video.

Students who are involved in the club act as the executive producers.  They come up with the ideas, pitch them to the supervisor, and then get other people to help with the project.  LHS students and sometimes teachers are featured in Cat TV films.

Alex Galushak, a sophomore, is a graphics designer and broadcast cameraman for Cat TV.  “I’m excited for the next commercials that we are going to put out and the broadcasts this year,” Galushak said.

Junior Connor Beadle is very involved with Cat TV as well, participating in camera work, directing, and editing films.  “This year should be our busiest year yet as we get more and more people wanting videos for various clubs and sports,” Beadle said.  He also mentioned that the club will be making fall and spring sports awards videos, as they do every year.

There are about a dozen students involved in Cat TV.  The group meets every day after school, allowing for plenty of time to discuss ideas and work on current projects.  Ms. Iwona Awlasewicz, the supervisor of Cat TV, shared a few things she hopes the club can accomplish this year.

“We are going to do some more commercials.  I hope to do a really cool video right before winter break, which would be a massive project,” Awlasewicz said.

She described it as a ‘video postcard’; something that she would like teachers and students involved in.  She did not reveal exactly what it entailed, but did say that it would be a fun thing for students to see before they went on winter break.  Along with the holiday video, Cat TV would like to create a film that recaps the year for the graduating class of 2014.

“Last year we did a similar project, but we need more seniors this year willing to help.  It would be an end of the year senior video, recapping events throughout the year,” Awlasewicz said.

Since this would require much planning, the process would need to begin quickly.  Any students who are interesting in helping are encouraged to talk to Ms. Awlasewicz as soon as possible!