Dolores Palmieri

Mr. Thomas in “The Hot Seat”

Q- What is something that most people do not know about you?

A- “I look older than I am and am only 33 years old. I also love cooking and have learned most of my cooking from my grandma”

Q-What has been the biggest life-changing experience in your life thus far?

A- “Having children…it has definitely changed and shaped my life in every imaginable way.  Being a father challenges you in the big picture to be at your best and every day to make sure you are living a life that is purposeful for your kids rather than just going through the routine.  That has definitely changed my life because without them and without my wife, it wouldn’t be the way it is.”

Q-What is your favorite part about your job?

A- “My favorite part of my job is my students.  It really is because seeing them make discoveries, take risks, develop and become the person they want to be is so important and I know I have a part in that.  So for me that is the reason I am a teacher.”

Q–If you could be a character in any movie what character would you be?

A- “Genie from ‘Aladdin,’ just because he is such a ‘character.’   He loves having fun and he gets to be as theatrical as he wants at all times.”

Q-What is your favorite book and why

A- “The Brothers K by David James Duncan is one of my many favorite books.  This book is a book that I read when I was in college and have reread probably six or seven times since.  I will lend it out to anyone who wants it.  If I am ever at a bookstore, I always check to see if they have it on the shelves: one to see how quality I think the book store is and two because then I usually buy a copy of it and give it to somebody.”  

Q-If you could have done one thing differently in your life, what would it be?

A- “I definitely believe that you should live life with no regrets and that you should learn from your mistakes.  So, even those are the type of experiences that I still see how I value in my life.  However, I would have traveled more while I was in college and in my first few years of teaching because the older you get, and become an adult with more responsibilities, the harder it gets to relieve yourself of those responsibilities to see the world.