Donald Trump: Why America’s Savior is so Hated

Donald+Trump+praising+the+Lord+for+having+sent+him+to+save+the+really+really+stupid+government+we+have.+
Photo courtesy of MCT campus
Donald Trump praising the Lord for having sent him to save the really really stupid government we have.

The bombastic newcomer in the race for the White House has made headlines — not limited to Fox News — all over the country, garnering both criticism and praise for his fresh approach to politics. Using his charismatic and off-the-cuff speaking style, the Donald has made a genuine attempt to bring everyone to the table, calling those who disagree with him “total losers” and sometimes, for the sake of variety, “the worst kind of loser(s).”

But perhaps what sets him apart from the rest of the Republican establishment is his warm embrace towards immigrants, women, and world leaders.

Clearly sucking up to the Latino vote, Trump has advocated for the total and irreversible expulsion of illegal immigrants, and has made several comments that border on straight-up pandering: “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

For the non-Hispanic immigrant population, fear not, the Donald hasn’t forgotten you. In fact, Trump has correctly noted the potential apocalyptic nature of immigrants: “People are flowing into this country by the millions, not by the thousands, by the millions, and destroying the fabric of the country.”

On the topic of apocalyptic natures, let’s talk about women — one of the Donald’s stronger constituencies. Now on his third marriage, Trump has stated several times that he would win the women’s vote in a heartbeat (who could resist that hair?). Furthermore, voters are attracted to the Donald’s genteel style and well-mannered ways. This is exemplified in his comments directed towards women — comments like “crude,” “rude,” “obnoxious,” and “dumb.” Who couldn’t resist the Donald?

In fact, in a moment of political genius, Trump made the completely rationale claim that Carly Fiorina — the only woman running for the Republican nomination — was unelectable. Why, you wonder?

It’s all in her eyes…or in this case, her face: “Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?”

Yes, long gone are the days where fancy diplomas and impressive credentials counted for anything. The Donald has ushered in a new political era, where talent is replaced by rhetoric, skill overlooked for flare, and qualifications overshadowed by appearance –and the quite adaptable voter population has welcomed this change inordinately. That’s why Donald Trump has massive support.

Whatever the shortcomings of Trump may be in the field of women, or brown people, that’s like, whatever, because the Donald is really really really rich. He does, quite notably, take the trophy (no time for losers) for best cheerleader; Trump’s praise of government leaders is second-to-none. Giving a boost to country morale, Trump — using his expansive vocabulary — has led the tirade against stupidity and ineptitude in government structure and leaders: “We’re tired of being pushed around, kicked around … and led by stupid people. They’re stupid people!”

Take a moment to appreciate the variety in language of that statement (and then try imagining a toddler with Trump’s face screaming those words). That’s the type of president this country needs, someone who speaks from the gut, unfettered by the fear of disappointing or the threat of alienating voters. But as far as the substance of the claim, the Donald is 100 percent on point; according to the U.S News and World Report, it’s not as if our current president graduated from Harvard and Columbia University (a.k.a party schools), or as if 95 percent of the members of Congress have a bachelor’s degree (who even needs those?).

So the question still remains: why do so many people despise the noble Donald? Is it because of his inclusive immigration policy? Or is it the hair? One can’t really know, because when it comes to Trump, the package is just that good. But hey, people have their reasons, and haters gonna hate.