BREAKING NEWS: Students gather to address Israel-Palestine conflict in walkout
Boys lacrosse bests Wheaton North with 12-3 victory

Who has the best pizza in Libertyville?

Domino’s is a place of employment for many LHS students, where they make and deliver the pizza.

It is a meal that has multiple countries claiming to be the first masters of the craft. The Greeks claim that their ancient ancestors’ bread covered with herbs, oils, and cheese was the first true pizza. The Italians believe that the modern-style pizza that is seen today came from their hands in the city of Naples, Italy. And of course, like we do with anything else, the Americans claim that we have truly mastered the pizza-preparing process.

Pizza is a meal that is very flexible and popular in today’s society. It can be served with the basic toppings: sausage or pepperoni. Or it can be served with toppings as extravagant as seafood, bell peppers, pineapple, or olives. Diners can’t go wrong with just plain old cheese, either.

The city of Chicago, less than an hour away, is considered one of the hotbeds in the United States when it comes to pizza. Everyone has heard of “Chicago Deep Dish Pizza” but the local area also offers many other delicious pizza styles. Something that is taken for granted here in Libertyville, being so close to Chicago, is the tasty pizza that can be found all over town. There are delivery options, places to sit in, and more thick and thin crust than you can imagine. Here is the guide to all of the pizza in Libertyville, guaranteeing that you don’t miss a single bite.

Domino’s : This chain is not one unique to Libertyville, but to the town of Libertyville, it is not just another pizza joint: it is a place of employment for many LHS students. The students take the orders, make the pizza, and deliver it. Senior Kelsey Julian, an employee of Domino’s, says that although it is strange at first to serve fellow students, “you learn to embrace it.” She also adds that working with fellow Wildcats is like working with her friends, and they always “find ways to make it fun” when they are on the clock.

Lou Malnati’s : While it is a sit-down restaurant in some towns, in Libertyville it is a take-out only pizza place that is one of the town’s best-kept secrets. Its deep dish closely resembles what can be found in the city, and it also offers salad and pasta options. Tucked away on Milwaukee Avenue by Jewel, it won’t catch your eye, but it definitely won’t disappoint.

Rosati’s : This local chain offers a variety of options on the menu and also has a speedy delivery service. Their “Two-for-Tuesday” — getting a pair of slices and drinks for the price of one — is a favorite for LHS seniors looking for a quick, cheap, and delicious meal on their lunch release. Senior Jack Shanahan claims that the deal makes Rosati’s the best option in town. Shanahan states that Rosati’s deep dish is “exquisite for [his] family on the weekends.”

Gino’s East : A sit-down restaurant on Milwaukee Avenue, Gino’s East offers deep dish that is “most authentic to Chicago’s,” according to senior Jake Mansfield. It is a comfortable restaurant with deep dish to die for.

Pizzeria DeVille : New to the downtown scene, this restaurant’s wood-fired pizza is outstanding. It is fancier and pricier than the other places on the list, but the pizza is very high-quality. They offer many specialty pizzas, such as a pizza with buffalo sauce and sweet potatoes, or a pizza featuring zucchini, potatoes, and eggplant. Their menu also includes pastas and salads.

Lino’s : This is another restaurant that flies under the radar. It can be taken out, delivered, or eaten in the restaurant. They have a large menu with delicious thin crust pizza and thick as well; the salads, wings, and pastas are also scrumptious.

Pizza Italia : Another restaurant on Milwaukee Avenue, it is a favorite for senior Nick Rossetti, who says that the pizza is “fast, cheap, and close to the school.” Its convenient location and salivating slices make it a pizza place worth mentioning.