Siblings on staff

New Developments in Libertyville

Photo by Maria Thames
One of the two buildings that is being developed behind Culver’s on Route 176.

There are a variety of developments underway within the Village of Libertyville.

Currently, there is  a parking garage in Libertyville adjacent to Chase bank, and now there is a proposed plan for a new one behind St. Lawrence Church and south of Church Street.

“The size of the new Village Parking Garage has not yet been determined, but it is expected to hold approximately 300 vehicles,” said John Spoden, Director of Community Development in Libertyville.

Junior Nellie Richardson added her thoughts about the parking garage by saying, “I think it will be a positive impact because of the lack of the parking at Brainerd.”

In addition to the development of the parking garage, there is also a  proposal for 34 apartments on the corner of Lake Street and Milwaukee Avenue above Egg Harbor and Casa Bonita in the downtown area.

“The mix of units are 4 studios, 8 one bedrooms, 12 two bedrooms, and 10 three bedrooms.  The range of sizes are from 710 sq. ft. to 1980 sq. ft.,” said Spoden.

Since new apartments are being proposed, Libertyville will be able to accommodate more citizens.

Lastly, “The largest development at the moment is the Bridge Company Development on Rt. 176 behind Culver’s.  Two multi-tenant industrial buildings are under construction with a total size of over 400,000 sq. ft. in area.  The buildings replace a 20 acre portion of the former Hough tractor Factory,” said Mr. Spoden. Since these are speculative buildings, they do not have tenants yet, but permitted uses include manufacturing and warehousing.