LHS to Replace Lobby Photos with Touch Screen

LHS is in the process of replacing the photos above the main gym
Photo by Tom Ackerman

LHS is currently in the process of replacing the older regional and conference champions pictures above the main gym with a more accessible touch screen system in order to accommodate for a lack of space.

Although the school is still looking at options as to what the area will look like, the athletic department is presently working with Visual Image Photography to transfer the old photos onto a digital copy that can be backed up.

“Part of my issue was we were taking down history, and then didn’t know where to put it,” commented Athletic Director Mr. Briant Kelly. “[We’re in the process of] …taking all of our pictures through the years from the team pictures, all-state pictures, newsom pictures, and archiving them and putting them into a system you can access in a touch screen…through the years and also via the web.”

While the kinks are being worked out with the touch screen, photos of current varsity teams and action shots are to be displayed temporarily, according to Mr. Kelly. Mr. Kelly hopes to “dress up” the lobby more over time and to eventually archive all the athletic photos onto a digital copy.

Concerning the all-state photos above the cafeteria, “at some point [LHS] will have to do something,” but for now there remains room, commented Mr. Kelly.

The ParentCats donated $6,000 to fund the renovation, according to Mr. Kelly.

As of now LHS maintenance crews have taken down the older photos and patched up the walls behind it. In addition, the school has hired an outside contractor for wood and frame work, according to Mr. Kelly. The contractor is the same hire that constructed the wooden frames around the TVs to keep the work consistent.

The touchscreen itself is also planned to come from VIP and their IT department, according to Mr. Kelly.