Girls soccer crushes Lake Forest in second conference game

Up, Up and Away!

The Aviation Club, a club centered around being a pilot and in flying planes, and he Deaf Culture Club (DCC), which hopes to teach members some sign language and introduce the unique culture of people with hearing impairments, are both new clubs at Libertyville High School this December.

The Aviation Club was started by freshman Wesley Sharon, who hopes to become a pilot one day. He has been taking flying lessons since he was able to. He has been flying for about a year and, seeing no clubs relating to aviation at LHS, he decided to create one of his own. He started the club just before Thanksgiving; the club is expected to have around 16 members.

The club’s first meeting was Tuesday, Dec. 2. “[Wesley’s] mom is providing us with some software and some controls for simulation software,” explained Mrs. Angela Wang, who works in the PAWS department and helped Sharon begin the club and will be the leading adult involved. According to Mrs. Wang, she may be able to take the club to the General Mitchell International Airport, where a pilot will teach them ground instruction and about the profession.