Parking Passes to be Sold on June 18

Maddie Salata
Seniors are allowed to parking in the main lot if they have a parking pass displayed on their windshield.

Seniors at Libertyville High School have the privilege of parking in the main lot during the entire school year with the purchase of a parking pass; the parking passes for the 2014-2015 school year will be available for purchase on Wednesday, June 18 at 8:00 a.m.

Only 330 parking stickers will be sold and they will be allotted on a first come, first serve basis. It costs $130.00 to have the pass for the entire school year, and the passes need to be purchased with a credit or debit card.

According to Assistant Principal Mr. Eric Maroscher, seniors who do not receive a parking pass will have to figure out other options for parking.

“[They] will have to pick and choose options as other seniors have done over the years.  These options might include taking the LHS-provided school bus, riding with a friend who has a pass, be dropped off by a parent or friend, walk, or ride a bike.”

To receive a parking pass, students will follow the link on the LHS website and fill out the online application. The online process requires the student name, ID number, driver’s license number, parent name, address, phone number, make and model of the car, year of car, and license plate number. A fully completed application is required. An incomplete application will result in the potential loss of a parking sticker.

Parking stickers will begin to be distributed on August 4. An important change to note this year is that security is required to hand apply the stickers to the students’ cars; they can’t be applied at home.

“This is a new policy and practice starting this year,” said Mr. Maroscher. “This ensures the sticker goes on the correct location on the vehicle and on the correct vehicle.”

Security will be available to apply the parking stickers from 7:30 a.m.. to 3:30 p.m. from August 4-7 and August 11-15. The distribution will take place in the front circle of the main entrance of LHS.

In order to receive a sticker, students need to bring their student ID or driver’s license, the sticker purchase receipt, and the specific vehicle that will be parked on campus during the school year. Security will then apply the sticker to the vehicle, and it will be good to go for the 2014-2015 school year.

So, the lucky 330 seniors who receive a parking pass have a lot to look forward to next year. Current senior Lindsay Dries says that “it’s so nice not having to walk from Brainerd anymore.”