The Votes Are In

Elise Houcek
Posters for the Executive Board candidates can be seen sprawled all over the LHS hallways.

After two days of voting, the results of the 2014 Student Council elections are in: juniors Shannon Roche, Joey Pucino, Jenny Pahng and Alex Yoor, as well as sophomores Cam Chen and Dolores Palmieri, will represent the students on the executive board in the 2014-15 school year.

LHS students were able to vote for their top five candidates on Monday and Tuesday last week by logging onto the LHS homepage. 642 students voted this year, a significant increase from last year, according to Student Council adviser, Ms. Andrea Lara.

This year, Roche served as the executive board president, Yoor served as the Vice President and Pahng was the secretary.

The students didn’t run for positions this year but following an interview process with LHS Principal Dr. Marian Scott and Student Activities Director Jennifer Uliks, the students will be assigned the titles of President, Philanthropy Chair, School Liaison, Chief Finance and Fundraising, Head of Publicity and Director of Broadcasting, according to Ms. Lara.

This mix of juniors and sophomores should provide for interesting ideas and cooperation next year.

“I think it’s really nice having a diverse executive board with a mix of sophomores and juniors,” Said Chen. “The more different ideas and opinions we can bring to table, the better our school will be.”