Jazz Bands Perform in Final Concert of the Year
Boys water polo seizes senior night success over Highland Park
Boys volleyball comes up just short against Carmel Corsairs

New video announcements dazzle LHS

New+video+announcements+dazzle+LHS+

LHS is taking on the rest of the school year with something more interesting for our ears and even our eyes.  Instead of our standard intercom announcement, Student Council and Cat-TV will be making video announcements. They’ll try and get students involved as well as teachers to make these new announcements stand out from the rest.

Most LHS students have seen the first video announcement from last week and also one from this previous week, but there’s also more to come.  Mrs. Jennifer Uliks, student activities director, stated that for the remainder of this school year, the announcements will either be played on either Thursday or Friday.

“Let’s go for a taped video announcement and see where it takes us,” Mrs. Uliks said about the decision to start switching to this format.

Mostly Student Council, as well as some teachers, want to see a different reaction from students and try and reach out to them more.  They’re hoping that if the kids aren’t listening over the intercoms, then they’re more likely to watch a video instead.

“It’s important that the students and faculty here listen to the announcements because there is a lot of important stuff to pay attention to,” Mrs. Uliks stated.  She also shared that they had a certain amount of students write down and share their feedback with them about the video announcements and everything came back positive.

“It was a change.  It’s nice because we are so used to hearing the announcements every day, but now that we get to physically see them, it’s different.  I also had a good laugh, as well.  It was funny, but a good type of funny,” senior Erin Kowalski stated.

Student Council wants to try and cut down the time of the video as well, so it’s not rushed or teachers aren’t tempted to not show it.  Every third period, teachers have five minutes built in for the announcements specifically.  Student Council wants to try to not exceed the time, and hopes to get better from the first video.

“I wish they started this when we were freshmen, but it’s a good switch and from what I heard, students are growing to like it,” senior Ethan Pavelske said.

If you missed any of these video announcements or future ones to come, you can find them on the Drops of Ink website.

“I think the students enjoyed the visual part the most; it was quirky and funny,” Uliks stated.