Siblings on staff

Super Man-ning

Note: A picture that was included with this story when it was originally posted has been removed.

AFC Wild Card Round

#5 Kansas City Chiefs @ #4 Indianapolis Colts

The Chiefs are the road team here, but have been just as good if-not-better-than the Colts this season. The quarterback matchup is two opposites, the first overall savior of the Colts, Andrew Luck, against the forgotten man who lost his job after being injured in San Francisco in 2012, Chiefs QB Alex Smith. Although the QBs are always the talk, it will be the running game, or lack thereof (Indianapolis) that will likely be the determining factor in this playoff game. The Chiefs have a good run defense, and they will be taking that on the road to play one of the worst run games in the country in Indianapolis. On the other hand, the Chiefs have arguably the best running back in the NFL this season, Jamaal Charles, against an average Colts run defense. Add that to the Chiefs having a defense and special teams that are likely to score, and Andrew Luck can’t do it by himself. Kansas City 24, Indianapolis 19

#6 San Diego Chargers @ #3 Cincinnati Bengals

San Diego watched everything fall the right way for them in the last week of the regular season, but they will have to be content with a playoff appearance, because there is no way they are getting past the complete Bengals. The Cincinnati defense will be able to stifle the average Chargers offense, and the Bengals offense is good enough to put up a few scores against the terrible San Diego defensive unit.     Cincinnati 27, San Diego 10

First Round Byes: #1 Denver Broncos, #2 New England Patriots

NFC Wild Card Round

#5 San Francisco 49ers @ #4 Green Bay Packers

San Francisco beat the Packers in the regular season, but that was week one. This matchup could be the coldest matchup in football history, as the forecast is predicting a -51 degree day with wind chill. The weather benefits the 49ers ground-and-pound game style and not the air-it-out version of the Packers. The Packers will be bounced on their home turf.   San Francisco 21, Green Bay 14

#6 New Orleans Saints @ #3 Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia has watched their team evolve from a team that relied on Michael Vick being healthy to now going with Nick Foles at quarterback even with Vick healthy. Although Foles has nowhere near Vick’s athleticism or explosiveness, he does not commit many turnovers, and he has run the offense to perfection. The Saints will be also be able to explode on the Eagles poor defense. It will be a high-scoring affair even though cold weather is very likely in Philadelphia. The Eagles are much more equipped for the weather with a strong run game.      Philadelphia 35, New Orleans 24

First Round Byes: #1 Seattle Seahawks, #2 Carolina Panthers

AFC Divisional Round

#5 Kansas City Chiefs @ #1 Denver Broncos

The Broncos played their division rival twice during the backside of the season, winning both. A home game with Peyton Manning would seem to be good odds, but the Chiefs will have a shot in this one, if their offense plays smart. Ultimately, the better team (or the team with Peyton Manning) will win against an average defense.              Denver 24, Kansas City 13

#3 Cincinnati Bengals @ #2 New England Patriots

The defensive advantage goes to Cincinnati here, but that quickly goes away when you notice that they are facing Tom Brady… in January. Tom Brady has been one of the best playoff quarterbacks, and if he has dealt with all the injuries and inconsistent play around him, then he will probably show up come playoff time. If the Bengals can control time of possession, then they might have a chance, but as long as the New England defense can stop an inconsistent Andy Dalton, they will be the favorites.      New England 17, Cincinnati 14

NFC Divisional Round

#5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seahawks

Division rivals will match up in the divisional round of the playoffs fighting for a bid to the conference championship. Both teams have very solid defenses, but the difference maker will be the Seattle special teams and their home field advantage. Seattle is one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL, and it will be rocking. Percy Harvin as the Seattle kick returner will also give the Seahawks some good field position.   Seattle 20, San Francisco 14

#3 Philadelphia Eagles @ #2 Carolina Panthers

Philadelphia will be heading to Carolina to face the new-look Panthers. A strong defense is the face of the 2013 version, to go along with always explosive Cam Newton. The Panthers will need their running back, DeAngleo Williams, to run successfully, which will open up passing lanes. Problem is, who will Cam pass to? Well, the longtime Panthers receiver Steve Smith will be hobbled, and the rest of the receivers are unproven. If the Panthers can be beat, it will need to be done over the top of the defense, and nobody is more equipped for that than DeSean Jackson, Eagles WR and maybe the fastest one in the NFL. The Eagles will be able to move the ball on Carolina, and the Panthers will not have the offense to compete. Another NFC upset.              Philadelphia 17, Carolina 10

AFC Championship Game

#2 New England Patriots @ #1 Denver Broncos

Tom Brady v. Peyton Manning. It seems like this is what it comes down to nearly every year in the playoffs. This is not exactly a fair matchup between the two this time, though. Broncos advantage… running game, receivers, run defense, Patriots advantage… Tom Brady in January. Brady will be able to keep them in it for a while, but eventually the supporting cast will get involved.     Denver 30, New England 24

NFC Championship Game

#3 Philadelphia Eagles @ #1 Seattle Seahawks

This will be a matchup of a strong offense of Philadelphia against maybe the best defense in the NFL. The Seahawks defense playing at home will be able to keep the Eagles offense in check enough for their offense to pull away from the lackluster Philadelphia defense. Seattle will keep their hot run going into the Super Bowl.              Seattle 24, Philadelphia 10

Super Bowl

Seattle Seahawks v. Denver Broncos (MetLife Stadium, New Jersey)

The world will get what they want, as they will watch the best offense the NFL has ever seen (Peyton Manning and co.) go up against an overpowering Seattle defense. The matchup will be a great game to watch as the Seattle offense will be able to put up points as well. This figures to be a great Super Bowl, but Peyton Manning has been too good this year to lose it in the end.     Denver 30, Seattle 24