The “Give Thanks” Campaign

Shelly Schick
More than 2,000 leaves set upon the wall next to the security desk.

In the “Give Thanks Campaign,” Erika’s Lighthouse and Junior Class Council have teamed up to give each person in their third period class along with every staff member a colorful leaf to write a word or phrase saying what he or she is thankful for.

The leaves were then hung up along the wall next to the main security desk. The leaves represent all the things that people are thankful for. Some of the most popular answers on the leaves said were “I’m thankful for my friends and family” and “I’m thankful for food.”

One unique leaf that stood out was “I’m thankful for living in Libertyville.” A lot of people forget how blessed we are to live in such an amazing town and we truly should be thankful for that.

As many students are aware, student council has been spreading their campaign: “Be the Giving Type.” Other ways that Student Council is giving back is writing letters to soldiers and having a canned-food drive.

Senior Meredith Varner thought that this campaign was a great idea.

“The leaves were a wonderful way to reflect on the things we are thankful for this holiday season and display the countless blessings our school has to appreciate!” she said.

Izzie Griffith also believes that the leaf project was an an awesome addition to our school.

“I think it’s cool that everyone can come together with what they’re thankful for to celebrate Thanksgiving and the giving season,” she said.