Ainslie+Lounsbury

Lola Akinlade

Ainslie Lounsbury

“My biggest passion at school would be music. I do basically everything music. I play flute so I basically do everything I can here. I do wind ensemble, pit orchestra, orchestra winds and percussion, marching band — I’m one of the drum majors. I also do flute choir. I’m in chamber ensemble. I’m in bell choir, so I do literally everything music. I also really enjoy working with kids so that has driven me to become a music education major at Augustana College next year… music is everything to me. It’s my social connection. It sounds cheesy but it’s such a great way to nourish your soul and feed your soul. For me it’s my passion, but it’s also been my way to build social connections because before being in band I really struggled with social skills and being able to talk to people was a struggle and music helped me find ways to be a silent, but really passionate leader in terms of actions speak louder than words. Music has been a really important part of my life in helping me find who I am and then being able to pay that forward and help others as well.”

Drops of Ink • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in