LHS Hosts Annual Career Fair

An employee from Gurnee Counseling Center demonstrates to students what the job entails and the many ways students can get involved to benefit their community.

On Thursday, April 27, LHS hosted a career fair to display possible career and job opportunities for LHS students. It was arranged by Applied Arts Supervisor Dr. Debra Kellum and was attended by many of the applied arts classes, including Accounting I and II as well as Personal Finance.

Fifty-two businesses were represented at the fair from various fields. According to Dr. Kellum, the fair was intended to “help kids find a major in college” among other things, as she believes students need to be prepared for many opportunities and majors because the future is unpredictable.

Senior Allison Nelson stated that the fair was significant as it was “a good way to learn about the different opportunities for jobs and internships in the local area.”

This slideshow depicts some of the various fields and opportunities that were accessible to students.