Spot the difference!
LHS in Europe

Softball wins in 10-0 rout of Rolling Meadows

Jack Kosowski
The team celebrates as Lyndsey Lyon hit a home run to extended their lead to 8-0.

On a cold afternoon, the Libertyville softball team didn’t seem to mind the frigid temperatures as they soundly defeated Rolling Meadows 10-0 in 6 innings on Thursday, March 23 in their first home game of the regular season.  

Senior Hannah Heraty was on the mound for the Cats, and she pitched a complete game, giving up no runs and only a few walks and hits. In addition to her pitching power, Heraty extended the lead for the Cats in the 3rd inning when she crushed a two-run home run to centerfield to give the Cats a 5-0 lead.

“Our team has been working really hard the past few weeks and we’ve been working on our fundamentals and the little things,” Heraty said

The team will be headed to Orlando over spring break to play in games to help them get ready for the rest of the season.

Other than Heraty’s production, senior Lyndsey Lyon doubled in the first run of the game, scoring senior Sam Hilldale, and Lyon homered in the final inning to extend the team’s lead to 8-0.

Head Coach Elissa Wisniewski said that the team hit the ball hard and came together to play an all-around good game.

After spring break, the team’s next scheduled game is at home against Mundelein on April 4 at 4:30 p.m..