Sean Gay

Sean Gay

Sean Gay is a first-time candidate for D128 school board. Gay declined to be interviewed or photographed by Drops of Ink. He also declined to participate in a Facebook group entitled D128 School Board Candidate Forum, which every other candidate participated in. As a result, Gay’s profile will be shorter, as less is known about his candidacy.

He has consistently called for students to return to in-person learning since the summer. In Facebook posts, Gay said he would “do everything in my power to see which school admin and teaching staff is behind the close the schools movement” and ensure “these teachers do not have a job for the 2021/2022 school year.” Gay also plans to “create efficient learning environments for our students” and “negotiate sustainable finances and deliver a financially responsible board policy.”

On social media, Gay has advocated against transgender students being allowed in bathrooms and changing rooms and on sports teams of the gender they identify with. Gay faced strong criticism on Facebook after resharing an article about a Naperville restaurant’s outdoor dining accomodations and using the R-word in his comment about the state.