One hundred years ago, Libertyville Township High School, which became the Brainerd Building, was constructed. A few years later in the 1920’s, Milwaukee Avenue was paved, beginning the growth of current day Libertyville. While much has changed in terms of store names and aesthetics, Libertyville has kept its historic feeling by preservation of its sites downtown. From horses and buggies to Model Ts to modern automobiles, progression of technology and culture has shaped Libertyville into what it is today. All historic information is provided by the online archives of the Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society.
*Information updated on 9/29/17